August 21, 2017, 04:42:36 PM

Author Topic: This is why Top Gear US show is better  (Read 1342 times)

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: 65535

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -3028
  • The Wallabee Champ
Re: This is why Top Gear US show is better
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:59:44 PM »
That's interesting for sure, but I wouldn't put it past us yanks to do that... I think gear heads in America hate electric cars more than they do in eurp.  They also wouldn't pull off deceptive stunts like this, because no one watches the shit US version.

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:04:42 PM »
I watched a marathon of the US version a couple of week ago. I like it just fine. Tanner Foust is kind of a little pussy, but the other guys are alright.  I didn't see anything I didn't like on the show.  I also haven't watched the original series.

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -3028
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:09:37 PM »
I watched it a while ago and they spent ten minutes slamming an old beat up car around a dirt road, all three laughing like stupid teenagers causing trouble.  It lacks the writing, wit and comedy the UK version has IMO.

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
British comedy?  No thanks.

Offline mrbasherman

• Mojo Factory Staff
  • Cool Points: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
I just read the article... Two things:

A. I drive fast because I want to, not because people on Top Gear do.

B. Sissy writer boy is missing the damn point entirely, even though he mentions it in passing: "leaving the presenters stranded in Lincoln, a city with no public charging points"  They had to run the damn thing out of "fuel" in order to simulate running out of "fuel" in an area with no charging stations.  That was their point, if you run out of charge in a town with no charging points, you're fucked.

Offline motor sw

• Gallery Admins
  • Cool Points: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »
Im probably biased since I live in europe, but the UK version is lightyears better than the US version. Probably since swedish humor is more similar to british rather than american LOL

And here is another reason:

Epic!

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you"

f l i c k r