June 23, 2017, 02:59:47 PM

Author Topic: MW3  (Read 6718 times)

Offline motor sw

• Gallery Admins
  • Cool Points: 3
    • Email
Re: MW3
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »
About recycling... MW3 uses the same game engine as all the other CoD games...  id tech 3 (Quake 3 Arena) which was new in 1999! Infinity Ward /Treyarch seems to be very lazy as they keep patching the old and outdated game engine...

:hihi:

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you"

• f l i c k r •

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: 65535
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:20 AM »
Yet its still the most popular online shooter right along with Galo. You guys enjoy Battlefield with the 20 other people that buy it.  :pandalaugh:

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -10001
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
Oeh. Don't mention those in one sentence Bass.

Halo is quality. (and an amazing engine :))

:oooh2:

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
Oeh. Don't mention those in one sentence Bass.

Halo is quality. (and an amazing engine :))

:oooh2:
Now I have played MW2, you have played MW2, I have played MW2 with you. If I remember correctly, you were all "weeeeee, this game is awesome".  Now don't lie, if you lie, they come and take your wood shoes.
 :smokingg: "gimme dem shoes, son"

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »
Yup.. I played MW2. And I liked it.

The point is : they are milking it now. They (evil activision) are doing a copy paste every year to cash in.

Bungie (for example) could do that as well, (enough galo fanboys that will buy it) but didn't

They built up Reach from the ground up. They won prizes in engine building / effects. More then 50 enemies on screen. Best special effects in the business. (something like every explosion is different, 50k particals on screen)

Get the demo and wonder.

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
Cashing in?  You mean like Galo Wars?  I could be wrong, but I don't think Activision had anything to do with World at War or Blops, did they?  They are obviously doing something right if they haven't changed the engine in 4 games and they continue to be the highest selling game of all time.

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »
Galo Wars wasn't built by Bungie :)

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »
Proves my point. They went in a different direction and the game was a turd. Why would the COD brand change what has been working?  :meh:

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »

Comparing a RTS with a Shooter.. ehm. Ok it proves your point :)

:wind:

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -3028
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
They have the money and the resources to push the boundries of the current gen consoles and FPS' in general, but are taking the easy route to make a quick buck....not hating on that part, I just want something different after 5 of the same game.

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »
Haters  :prrrt:

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »
Make the switch Bass  :ticktoc:

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
the only way I will get halo is if there are no other games worth playing in the world anymore 

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »
I meant for BF3... I gave up on you and Halo a long time ago.  :meeh:

Offline Clay in Loozyanna

• Mojo Factory Staff
  • Cool Points: -342
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2011, 07:29:01 PM »
I'll be getting MW3 just because I love the series.....as much as I love the Forza series.  I'm really hoping Battlefield 3 is good (the previews look amazing) and not anywhere close to BFBC....really stinks.

Not against Halo, i own up to 3......just lost interest after that/

Saints<LSU<Special Olympic All Stars

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »
Right.. I'm pretty dwunk right now so I'm going to say it.. right here and right now.

I will regret it in the morning (and I will delete it)

I'm going to buy the turd that everybody is buying at mojo. No more lonely nights with the best games on the planet. I'm just going to play a poop game that everybody is playing.

Need some serious Vodka fueled Mojo nights, even if the connection between the two continents is shit.

:sadcorner:

http://www.joystiq.com/tag/@breakup

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 01:29:36 AM »
I knew it.  Welcome to the flock  :knock-knock:

Offline motor sw

• Gallery Admins
  • Cool Points: 3
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 09:35:27 PM »

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you"

• f l i c k r •

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »
If they do, please drive up there and smack em. You are closest right? :)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
My brother told me about this quite a while ago and I thought it sounded rediculous... and it still does! lol.  You'd think if they we're planning to announce this, or leak info to get a feel for what the people thought, there would be some enticing features to go with it.

"Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let "Call of Duty" players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests."....isn't this what forums are for?

"Another feature of the service will give "Call of Duty" players tools, modeled on those from stock-trading websites, to analyze their performance within the game, gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies."  ....you can already do this in Black Ops! And I can compare my ratios and numbers against friends.  pffft.

The console video game world isn't quite ready for this.  If I have to pay a monthly fee for a video game, I'd expect to never have to purchase a $60 game under the same name again, you buy one time...and recieve updates, news maps and weapons, etc.  I could see this working down the road for something like Madden.  I buy the game once, and pay monthly to recieve roster updates, new players every year, graphic/audio updates, etc.

Pfft, COD, pfft