October 17, 2017, 12:17:26 PM

Author Topic: Nintendo's new console  (Read 844 times)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -3028
  • The Wallabee Champ
Nintendo's new console
« on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
I heard some info was leaked about Nintendo's new console the other day.  On my favorite sports radio station they have a "Video Games Weekly" show.  Game Informer magazine is based outta MN, so a few of the writers and reviewers talk about new things coming every week.  Its only an hour long, but a decent show.

The info was leaked on a french site(can't remember the name).  But game informer broke the story here.  Many think it will be revealed at E3 this year....but this is what they've gathered so far.

The new Nintendo console will be running very similar hardware to the 360.  Fail: the 360 is 5 years old!!  Its shader processor will be much better than xbox/ps3.  Its also said to have true HD graphics this time.

Its said to have "atleast 512mb"....lol

They have also gave alot of hints that the controller will have its own screen on it, with apps and mini games made just for it.

No Wiimotes this time, passing on the gimmicky stuff: good idea!  I like the Wii, but 3rd party company's are what make/break a console's longevity, and the Wii has come up VERY shorty in this area.

I'll see if I can find a link to the podcast, the station is: AM 1130 KFAN