October 18, 2017, 01:15:19 AM

Author Topic: GT5  (Read 4019 times)

Offline JoeperkinS

• Cool Points: -80
  • 'I Came I Saw I Conquered
Re: GT5
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »
Wait until i see my mate the PS3 lover, im gonna blast him!
Hes been telling me how GT5 is gonna blow forza out the water blah blah blah  :hahaha:
Look how long forza has been out  & yet to me it still has more depth to it :hihi:

Forza beats GT5 hands down, but for some reason you need to keep playing GT  :not-again:

King Cunt =]!!!

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -3028
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 06:44:59 PM »
but for some reason you need to keep playing GT  :not-again:
Its because you love video games, and you love cars... same reason we dork it up in the tuning garage for Forza.   :hafroze:

Offline JoeperkinS

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 06:58:38 PM »
but for some reason you need to keep playing GT  :not-again:
Its because you love video games, and you love cars... same reason we dork it up in the tuning garage for Forza.   :hafroze:

:hihi:

King Cunt =]!!!

Offline dubya

• Mojo Factory Staff
  • Cool Points: 111
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/bd-p/granturismo

just go through a couple of the threads on their forums. fuckers don't know shit about cars, tuning, or racing in general. noobs and fanboys is all their "community" is made of.

P.S.  only 17 or so cars can have a paint scheme :hahaha:  :hihi:

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
The option to upgrade to race brakes and tune em, has apparently been overlooked. lol. Fail.

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -10001
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »
With all this news I feel like doing some Forza driving again!

Brumm brumm..

With a controller, because I can't look at my Microsoft steering wheels since I 'handled' a G25

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »
I bet you're alot faster with the controller  :hiding_something:

Offline K0sM

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -10001
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »
Yeah, a controller makes Forza as easy as Need for Speed.

I'll join the hordes of cheating bitches with a controller, letting my xbox do half the driving :)

Offline dubya

• Mojo Factory Staff
  • Cool Points: 111
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 07:12:32 AM »
5-6 years to make (from what your about to read) the biggest FAIL to ever be put out in sim-racing or maybe even gaming history.

Note: that the creator of GT5 is NOT a fan of updates

All right folks, I'm pissed. Payed $115 after shipping for my Collector's Edition (keep in mind, I'm not pissed about the price), and I fully expected this game to be far more polished than it was. I understand that it had to be put out for the holiday season, but there are some relatively major issues at hand here, all of which should probably be fixed sooner rather than later (it's no secret that they're going to add some things later on down the line):

1: Engine Tuning

Why has it been dumbed down? This is Gran Turismo for crying out loud, not Grand Theft Auto. If you can't figure out what engine modifications you want, you probably shouldn't be playing this game. Don't even get me started on the transmission tuning; you can't even change gear ratio's in the fully customizable transmission.
  :hahaha: :hihi: we need a ROFL emticon for this kinda line
2: Suspension Tuning

I've been wondering why they haven't added caster angle since Gran Turismo 4. To be honest, when you're thinking you need more camber, you probably actually need more caster. Adding positive caster increases camber when you turn the wheel (ie - during cornering). Not a really huge issue, just kind of annoying.

3: Saved Replays

Sure you can save your replays, but what are you going to do with them? You can export your replay save file (basically just a ghost file), but then what do you do, put it on a memory stick and bring it to your friend's house? What if you don't have friends that own a PS3, much less Gran Turismo 5? Even before Gran Turismo 5 was put out into the market, the PS3 was updated with the ability to edit videos and upload them to YouTube. Let's take advantage of that, SOON.

4: Top Gear Challenges

Specifically, the 111R Challenge (aka Immediate challenge). Now, I like a challenge as much as the next guy. Hell, that's why I make sure I always have absolutely no driver aids (and I generally win my races and beat the challenges, by the way), but this is ridiculous. In fact, it's down right unrealistic. The Lotus Elise 111R comes from the factory with Yokohama Advan A048 tires. If you're unfamiliar, those are DOT-compliant competition slicks (racing slicks with slight grooves on them), not "Comfort Hard" tires, aka the least grippy tires in the game, aside from maybe the dirt or snow tires. Even then, I have my doubts. Either way, I continue to try my damnedest, but I cannot for the life of me get further than third place, but maybe that's all my fault. Seems to me the AI is terrible at braking, and absolutely god like at accelerating, so either you get disqualified for running into one of them due to them being packed together during a corner (especially if you're good at late braking), or you get left in the dust because the absolutely useless tires can't keep grip if you're accelerating with more than about 10 degrees of steering lock on (just a guess: keep in mind, I use the standard DualShock 3 controller, since I can't afford a wheel. I'm not shelling out money for a wheel that doesn't have a clutch pedal, and that's that).

There are some other little niggles here and there, but these are the major concerns that I've got currently. This has the ability to become the absolute greatest racing game yet, but there are some fundamental things that seem to have been neglected in favor of things such as WINDSHIELD WIPERS (Not complaining about the inclusion of windshield wipers; in fact I relish such minor details. I'd just like to see the game pretty much finished before such minor details are added).

Do you have any issues that should REALLY be fixed? I'm not saying Polyphony doesn't know what they want to fix, but they pay lots of money for game testers. Let's give them some free, valuable feedback

Offline JoeperkinS

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
point 4 i agree with 100% ... I thought it was me being shit as that is the most ridiculous challenge of them all.......

King Cunt =]!!!

Offline JoeperkinS

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
PS3 Tag??

Mine : JoeperkinS

for the PS3ers  :smokingg:

King Cunt =]!!!

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: 65535
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »
All these reports are swaying me not to buy a ps3. I wasn't going to buy one solely for this game, but it would have been one of my first game purchases. Kind of sad actually that they have been pubbing this game forever and now that its out, it is truly a rolling turd.

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline JoeperkinS

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »
All these reports are swaying me not to buy a ps3. I wasn't going to buy one solely for this game, but it would have been one of my first game purchases. Kind of sad actually that they have been pubbing this game forever and now that its out, it is truly a rolling turd.

I would personally not get one again, i brought one soley for this game, and its a fail  :redcard:

King Cunt =]!!!

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: 65535
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »
There just isn't enough exclusive games for it. All the really good games are made for both systems. Has anyone tried playing a Blu-Ray movie on the xbox?  We were talking about it at work and concluded that if the xbox can play games in 1080p it should be able to play movies at that same resolution. This is all speculation of course. Haven't tried it yet.

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline JoeperkinS

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
Yea it isnt capable of reading the format disc, however I havent tryed one in the HDDVD drive, may give that a go, will pick up a cheap blu ray tommorow  :hiding_something:

King Cunt =]!!!

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
It doesn't work and might fuck up your HDDVD drive.