August 19, 2017, 06:33:50 AM

Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 1325 times)

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: 65535
GTA V
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:30:59 PM »
I pre-ordered this also. Who know when it will actually be released. I think 4 was postponed several times.

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Cool Points: -3028
  • The Wallabee Champ
Re: GTA V
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:35:18 AM »
Probably pass on this one too... They should have made it a launch title for the next gen IMO.

Offline Clay in Loozyanna

• Mojo Factory Staff
  • Cool Points: -342
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
Probably not going to pick up any new games until we know what is going on with new consoles....may rent some stuff but thats it. 

Saints<LSU<Special Olympic All Stars

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »
I would bet you won't see a new console until fall of 2014 or else you'd have heard something by now. People knew the Wii was coming out 2 years before it dropped. From what I read, neither company (sony nor microturd) has made any official statements regarding the new consoles. No reason not to buy cool games. I doubt Rockstar would release GTA V with a new console in the near future.

I got the money, the power, and the finesse to roll one deep with a hundred thousand around my neck

Offline Clay in Loozyanna

• Mojo Factory Staff
  • Cool Points: -342
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
I liked the first couple GTA's, but San Andreas hit and they all sucked since.  If this one was like the first couple I could get it......I don't really have much time to try new shit that 1 out of 5 are decent.  I don't see anything being really talked about much and I think it is because the new consoles are going to be announced at G3....or whatever the nerd pron rally is called....my balls need shaving.....so I think I'll wait to see what is coming out.

Besides, getting the map packs for Blops 2 will keep it interesting enough for me the next few months....can always load up Forza for some lockups.

Saints<LSU<Special Olympic All Stars

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
There's a lot of hype surrounding them already(720/PS4).. Gamers know their coming soon. I could easily see an announcement from both companies at or around E3, then drop before xmas. Everyone connected to PSN and or XBL will be flooded with adverts and announcements.

There's been a few spec leaks that I saw on IGN as well.

That said, I still don't doubt there could be massive delays as they play their cards carefully. A bad console will break the bank this time.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »
I liked the first couple GTA's, but San Andreas hit and they all sucked since.
This is exactly how I feel about GTA.

I loved the hokie gangster movie type themes and voice actors in 3 and Vice City.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
IGN just announced this will be released on Sept 17th. If its not on next gen:  :prrrt:

Btw, anyone noticing best buy and GameStop selling live year cards for 35-40 dollars well after the holidays? They know 7th gen is coming and want to dump those cards!

Offline bass hagg

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
They've been putting them on sale for years right after Christmas. I know because my gold expires in January every year. Keep wishing for you next gen console because it isn't coming anytime soon.

Just heard the Sept 17 release date on the radio and literally laughed out loud.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • The Wallabee Champ
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
Sony simulateously released a video on their website, Facebook and twatter... The video basically said a big reveal was coming on Feb 20th.

And I know they do it every year with the cheap live cards, but in the past only best buy did it for 40 bucks the week after Xmas... This is now feb and they and GameStop are doing it still for the dirt cheap.